National Examinations and Applications
National exams are certified by the California Department of Public Health, Laboratory Field Services as the field of Phlebotomy is now a certified position.
We have certified National Exam proctors that are able to give the exam on behalf of NHA.
We offer the exam to students who meet the following requirements:
a. ‘Complete program’ students must have finished the Basic and Advanced.
b. ‘Advanced only’ phlebotomists must have finished the Advanced didactic course.
c. Must bring two (2) forms of photo ID. (i.e. driver’s license, State ID card, school ID, etc.)
d. Must meet all state requirements for taking the test.
Sitting Fee: The fee for taking the National Exam is $25.00. This includes testing fee. Each student must go online to apply for the NHA exam, fee is $120.00. The National Exam is NOT included in the school tuition fees.
How to Register for the NHA National Exam
- Start by going to the NHA website – nhanow.com
- Click on LOGIN to your right
- Click on CREATE NEW PROFILE from the menu on the left. Complete the personal information section to create your NHA Account. Under ORGANIZATION: Select Complete Phlebotomy Training. Be sure all info Is complete and accurate.
- Click REGISTER
- Once you have logged on to the NHA website, a menu will come up. Click on CPT
- click on AGREE
- Select YES or NO for your High School Diploma or GED
- Select test method – PAPER and choose from the available list.
- Click NEXT
- Mark YES, that you would like to release your score to the School. (We are required to submit a report) click CHECKOUT
- Confirm the Details of your registration and click CONTINUE CHECKOUT (NO DISCOUNT CODES)
- NHA accepts Debit or Credit Cards for payment ($120)