You can easily enroll with CPT, if you meet the following qualifications:
1. Must have a High School Diploma (CDE Accredited) with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, or a GED.
2. Must be able to attend our classes in Southern California. We have many class sessions designed for individuals with busy schedules (i.e. weekend classes).
If you meet these qualifications and would like to register, fill out the registration form and return to us by email at email@example.com, or by mail or fax.
PHLEBOTOMY CLASS REQUIREMENTS
- Basic class: 20+ hours (2 consecutive weekends/weekdays)
- Advanced Class: 20+ hours (2 consecutive weekend/weekdays)
- Clinical: 40 hours minimum (4/5 classroom sessions followed by several mandatory clinical laboratory rotations (scheduled separately with each student)
- High School Diploma (CDE Accredited) w/ GPA of 2.0 or higher or GED, (ATB not accepted)
- Application for National Exam (to be provided in class)
* Required prior to beginning Clinical Rotations: Current TB test (if positive, chest x-ray is needed), and Immunization Clearance (form will be provided for student)
Description: An ideal program for health professionals desiring to expand their skills or newcomers to the health care field to learn new skills. These classes will train the student to perform venipuncture and dermal puncture in a professional setting. The following topics will be included within the theory portion: lectures on medical terminology, lab safety, basic anatomy and physiology, the cardiovascular system, anatomy/physiology, pre-analytical errors, test tube designation and quality assurance in specimen control along with medico-legal issues related to the field.
- Registration Fee (Non-Refundable): $250.00.
- Basic: $550.00
- Advanced: $550.00
- Clinical: $675.00. This includes Background check, and all handouts.
This fee includes Clinical Class and Externship Rotations*
(* Any student who is unable or unwilling to obtain clinical competency within the designated clinical days will be charged an extra fee-per day for every day he/she is required to have direct supervision.)
Additional Fees not included in Tuition:
Textbook $75.00, McCall and Tankersley . Phlebotomy Essentials 6th Edition.
- HEALTH: TB / IMMUNIZATION or TITER CLEARANCE: This is mandatory. Forms provided.
- CPR / American Heart Association / Healthcare Provider Card / BLS: $60.00 – This is mandatory. Class is offered here by American Heart Association instructors.
NHA Phlebotomy Exam: $120.00 includes National Exam
Upon completion of entire course:
State of California CDPH-LFS Certification Fees (online): $100.00 – This application is done online after student has completed Complete Phlebotomy Training’s program, passed the National Exam and has received certificates from CPT.
* Student will need to acquire: Official sealed transcripts from High School (CDE Accredited) or GED
It is mandatory that each complete all hours of every class to be prepared for the national certifying exam. It is also mandatory for all students to complete Clinical Externship which includes performing at least 50 venipunctures, 10 dermal punctures and having observed at least 2 ABG’s to qualify for certification.
Being absent from theory or clinical class will result in makeup days being assigned and the student being held over until the next session.
The experienced individual (with at least 1040 hours of On The Job Experience, including a minimum of 50 venipunctures and 10 dermals) need only complete the Advanced class per CDPH-LFS regulations, but is encouraged to take both the Basic and Advanced classes to pass the national certifying exam. After this the student is eligible to apply online with CDPH-LFS.
Any questions, please call: 951-672-2446 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our program.